BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Signs

I just opened the Bible to a random spot and read the first words I saw:

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to him, "Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you." He said to them in reply, "An evil and unfaithful generation seeks a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah the prophet." -Matthew 13:38-39

I get it. I should believe without seeing, believe without getting any signs. But sometimes I just don't know what to do and seeing some sort of sign gives me hope. Is that wrong?

This passage just really made me think. And the way I see it is... at least I have my eyes open, right? At least I am looking for the signs of God and the signs of love and beauty in the world around me. At least I am not completely blind to the glory of God like some people. At least I believe that God really does guide me. Is that wrong?

I am not trying to say that I am any better than any one else... I guess I am just trying to prove to myself that wanting and looking for signs from God isn't a bad thing. I guess it's kind of silly to question it, because I know the relationship I have with my God, and I shouldn't have to justify that to anyone.

Right?

God?

Can I get a sign? :)

0 comments: