BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Name is _____, and I am a Shopaholic.

Hello. My name is ReALIty. And I am a Shopaholic.


They say the first step to overcoming your problems is recognition and admittance. So there it is. I admit it. I shop way too much!

The reason this comes up is because I have been trying to save some dollar bills for the next two trips I have planned. My family is going to Las Vegas for my younger sister's 21st birthday in February, and I would love to go on a Spring Break trip to Florida with my friends in March. But in order to do both of these things, I need to have some money in the bank.

For the last month, I've been telling myself to save. No more shopping. No more spending. No more coupons. No more malls. But it still seems like the shopping devil is staring her big, brown, well-tweezed, heavily mascara-ed eye at me!

SHOP! she screams, SHOP! SALES! she winks, SALES! CLEARANCE! COUPONS! BUY ONE GET ONE FREE!

She's hard to resist, and I find myself failing! For instance, today, I got an email from one of my favorite shopping spots...DSW! (For you men out there who are oblivious to the world of shopping, that is a mega shoe store.) The email shared a very very exciting deal with me: All clearance shoes were an EXTRA 50% OFF this week, PLUS FREE SHIPPING if you spend $35 or more! I mean what woman in her right mind (or slightly crazy one), could resist that! I mean I think you are crazy if you can!

So I shopped... and right now, I have two very cute and very much needed pairs of shoes just sitting in my online shopping bag, as I contemplate my decision. What to do? What to do? Should I buy? Should I save? I always say, "This will be the last thing I buy before I start saving." But we all know that doesn't work. That is one completey stereotypical girl thing that I admit I possess: I can't say no to shopping!

So then I reassure myself, "If I died tomorrow, I would be so glad the last thing I did was purchase these shoes." And then I feel a little bit better...

Hello. My Name is ReALIty. And I am a Shopaholic. So sue me... :)

0 comments: