BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Memories

Today my sisters and I sorted through a bunch of our old school papers, drawings, report cards, and class photos. It was really fun to see all the things we did when we were younger!

"Look how talented I was!" I yelled, as I showed my parents a picture of a fish I had drawn when I was in elementary school.

"The Most Valuable Freshman Tennis Player!" my sister announced, as she flashed us an award.

"Check out my house!" my other sister screamed, showing us a poster of a house she had created in high school Design class.

I always enjoy looking at old photos and souvenirs. They really help me to remember the good times, like family vacations, award ceremonies, high school proms, and sporting games. But no one usually has enough room in their house to keep all this stuff. So you have to be realistic, deciding what to keep and what to throw away. For instance, a twenty-page binder of your progress on the ABC's...trash! Your name constructed of noodles...keep! High school diploma... definitely keep! Old boyfriend photos... definitely trash!

I will admit, it was really hard throwing away things that documented my life or celebrated my accomplishments. It was like tossing out a part of me...

But now I have ten times more room for future documentation and future photos. It's a fair trade off I think.

0 comments: