BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Legendary #4

I don't know if I've yet mentioned my love for the Green Bay Packers... or more deeply, my love for Brett Favre. Ya I know, he's old... but he is one of the best quarterbacks who has ever played in the NFL.

Just minutes ago, I watched on TV as Favre and the Minnesota Vikings lost their bid to Superbowl 2009. (Yes, I still watch him even now that he wears purple and gold.) There is just something about him. He makes every game he plays in worth watching.

Now I really don't know what it is that makes Favre so great... It could be his long history with the game or his ability to make perfect, lightening speed throws even while unstable or the fact that he's practically unstoppable, starting in 309 consecutive games, or maybe it's the awesome enthusiasm he possesses every time he steps onto the field. Who knows really?

All I know is... the press can't stop talking about him. Even as the Saints won the Superbowl, flashes of Favre were on the screen every five seconds. And even though I was always a die hard Packer fan, somehow I can't resist following Favre on his journey from the Packers to the Jets and now to the Vikings.

He's a legend. #4 is legendary. And although I wish to take nothing away from the Saints, I really hoped the Vikings could have won tonight, just to prove to everyone once again:

Brett Favre does not need to retire.

1 comments:

stillarockstar said...

...& he won't retire so his career doesn't end on a playoff interception.

Or, he'll retire. Then return with more money offered from another team...

Go Saints! ;P