BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...

"If you give a mouse a cookie, he will ask for a glass of milk?" Ever read that book?

Well with me, it's more like: Give ReALIty a cookie, and she'll ask for another cookie! (I say this as I finish off my second Chips Ahoy! cookie. Thanks to my roommate for those calories.)

But I do think it is kinda of interesting that half the time I am never really craving the food I eat, but instead, I get one taste and can't help but want more!

This happens to me specifically with BBQ chips. I never really crave BBQ chips, I rarely purchase them, and I very rarely incorporate them into my meal. But if I see a bag and get one chip into my mouth... I pretty much down the entire bag afterwards. This also happens to me with Hot Tamales. I never purchase this candy. I never find myself wishing I had a box. But then someone else has some, I try one... and it's all over folks! The box is gone in minutes. Turns out I end up enjoying these foods a lot more than the foods I crave constantly or actually order at restaurants.

And since food is pretty much my life, I find this strange and unusual, as if I am somehow cheating the system. Usually someone is hungry and craving a type of food, so they go and eat that food, and the majority of the time this is how it works for me too. But not with BBQ chips and Hot Tamales... Kind of weird, huh?

1 comments:

stillarockstar said...

LOL. Well, if weird, then I'm right there with ya! ...same prob, hence the growing cellulite on my hips. :( Boo! ...why can't the unstoppable craving come with like, apples, or celery?! Instead, with me, it's Reeses PB Cups & Sour Cream 'n Cheddar chips!

Ah well...food is one of the few pleasures in life... :)