BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Leftovers

I just had myself an amazing piece of leftover all-meat pizza... which is actually really crazy, because I used to hate leftovers. I remember never ever eating leftovers. I didn't care what it was or who had made it, you couldn't make me eat any food not made with in the last hour. I used to believe that food was not meant to be reheated. It just wasn't natural.

But isn't it interesting how your tastes change? My parents always tell me how they could never get me to eat any type of meat as a child. Now, I don't know how vegetarians make it through the day! I never used to like any kind of oranges or mushrooms. Now, I consider them both delicacies. I find myself eating ketchup and pears and pigs in a blanket and broccoli and deviled eggs and now leftover pizza. All things I never enjoyed as a child.

And I guess I kind of wonder... do our tastes really change? Or do we just become more open to trying new things? Or maybe we become more tolerant of foods we don't really like? I don't know the true answer. But's it's interesting...just some food for thought...

I think I'll warm up another slice...

(Photo taken from Yahoo images)

0 comments: