BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

A Promise in a Bow of Light

I got up this morning tired and wanting to stay in bed. I had to get up early, because I had a doctor's appointment, and then I had to work the rest of the day. Not my favorite things to do... I got into my truck a little worried about the icy roads, but just as I was pulling out of my driveway, I looked up into the bright blue sky only to spot a rainbow... and it made me smile.

Rainbows have always seemed a bit magical to me. All the colors, floating in the sky as if painted there by an exquisite artist... Then, I remembered that God first gave Noah a rainbow as a promise that he would never flood the Earth again. It symbolized hope. My smile widened. And for some reason, my day didn't seem so bad anymore.

I mean it was nothing compared to a world-wide flood...