BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Time Flying...


Wow! It's New Year's Eve, and I can't believe it! I can't believe that it is already 2010... seems to me like we just started the millennium. And the New Year always brings me back to that notion of time flying...

Because it does. And it's kind of scary! I'm already twenty-two!

Still being a college student, it seems that I am constantly preparing for my life, as if it hasn't started yet. Up till now, I have been constantly learning and observing, as if trying to decide what is the best life for me. As a toddler, I prepared to start school. In elementary school, I was preparing for middle school. And in middle school, I was preparing for high school. And in high school for college. And college for "real life." Every decision I have ever made, I've made on the basis of it preparing me for a job and paying rent and finding a husband and buying a vehicle and living on my own. And all along I thought I had tons of time to do so.

But... that part of my life, all that preparation and observing and evaluation and testing, is coming to a close. In six months, I will be graduating, and no longer can I give the excuse that I am preparing for the rest of my life, because it WILL BE the rest of my life. The rest of my life starts in May of 2010.

So Hopefully, all that preparing and all that observing and all that testing has paid off. Hopefully, I have learned the essentials. Hopefully, I will succeed in every way I hoped and in every way I dreamed. Hopefully, I am ready to move on to the next stage of my life.

Because time is flying by... Tick tock, tick tock...

It's already 2010, and I feel like I've barely spread my wings.

(Photo found on istockphoto.com)

0 comments: