BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Happiness

Little kids are always screaming, "I can't wait until Christmas! I can't wait until Christmas!" And I have always agreed with them. I mean Christmas rocks! The food is amazing! There are the Christmas presents, which the kids are all waiting for. And the time spent with your family, some people who you probably haven't seen since a year ago, is simply irreplaceable. These children are and have always been correct: Christmas is an epic day!

But in the last few years, I've come to realize it is not really Christmas day that I wait for, because it is not really Christmas, the day, that I love. What I love is the season of Christmas, the 25 days of Christmas, the days before the big day. The preparation, whether it be religious or not for you, is so exciting!

There are the Christmas carols on the radio starting the day after Thanksgiving; the shopping for gifts, knowing that the present I found for Mom will put a huge smile on her face; the extra sweets that suddenly appear everywhere: cookies, chocolate, and peppermint.; the hot cocoa with ten little marshmallows bathing inside my mug; the Christmas lights twinkling on my house and every other acreage down the road; the wearing of hats and mittens and scarves; the setting up of the tree and the stockings; the lighting of the purple and pink candles on the Advent wreath; the savoring smell of soup; and the snow... it definitely wouldn't be Christmas without the snow.

This is the time I love: Christmas time, a time I look forward to every December. So please celebrate it. Cherish it. Relish in it. Prepare for the day... because in just nine days, it will all be over. And all you will be left with is a wad of wrapping paper, a couple extra pounds, and a large electric bill.

0 comments: