BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Caring the Least

For some reason, as I sit down to write tonight, a quote I recently heard comes to my mind:

"The power in all relationships lies with whoever cares the least."

So true... but I am slightly confused. Although this quote seems to be saying that you should try and be the one in the relationship who cares the least, because then you are the one in complete control, my question is... How do you keep yourself from caring? How would one keep his or herself unattached and uninvolved? How does someone stay that distant?

Sometimes I wish I knew this answer, because it would relieve me of the fear of being vulnerable, hurt, or heartbroken. It would save me the agony of "putting myself out there." Because usually I am the one who cares the most, usually I am the one who's too attached and too involved. (Maybe that's just the girl in me.)

But then again, if you are the one who cares the least, what's the point? Why are you in the relationship at all? Why are you even trying? What's in it for you? Is power worth that? Is control worth that?

And perhaps that's why I am usually the one who cares the most... because I see no reason in not caring. What would the world be like if no one cared? What would my life be liked if I cared about nothing and cared for no one? Yes, it would be safe. But it would also be boring and uneventful... and very very lonely.