BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Embrace Life

So tonight I went to the movie, "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" It was a decent movie. I laughed some, and I sighed other times... but this blog is not meant to be a critique about the movie. I just wanted to say that this film reminded me of one simple simple notion, an idea that has to do a little with my last blog. I can't even remember who said it or when exactly it was said in the movie, but somewhere sometime someone said:

"Embrace life."

And now I reflect on my own life:

I slightly feel like I've kept myself cooped up for a long time, protecting myself, saving myself from the world. I hid behind my family, sports, and my writing, always telling myself that the world was the one missing out. Not me. I refused to sacrifice who I was for anyone. I didn't need to prove anything.

I always considered myself a homebody, a loner. Sometimes I was invited to do things with friends, but I chose to be alone instead. I always say it's because I am a writer. I overthink every situation, analyze every word, every thought. I see meaning in everything that happens, everything I do... And I struggle when other's don't see the meaning too.

Any man would say that that is a typical woman, always analyzing, always plotting, always overthinking things. And that might be part of it., but maybe it's not the whole thing. I really just don't know. For once, I don't have the answer.

But I have come to realize, that the world wasn't missing out on me, I was missing out on the world. And living it up, living life is what will ultimately make me a better writer, because I can relate to more situations. I can say, "Yeah! That totally happened to me too!" I can give advice. And even though putting myself out there can always be a bit risky, I don't want to die tomorrow without having ever lived.

1 comments:

reALIty said...

trying... always trying