BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 18, 2009

The Worst Sound in the World

Have you ever been asked: "What is the worst sound in the world?" Many people often answer with fog horns or dog whistles or fighter jets. But... I have discovered the sound that pretty much comes close to winning this great and glorious title. This medium-sized kitchen appliance: The blender.

The blender makes an utterly disgusting sound! I mean think about the sound a blender makes and try to mimic that sound with your mouth... Doesn't it just annoy you attempting to repeat that ugly ugly sound?

But you know what is worse? Do you know what makes a worse sound? A blender that's attempting to blend ice...

Eeeeee Eeeeee Eeeee Eror Eror Eeeeee Eeeee Eeee Eror! Can you hear it? If not, please take out this neighborhood-friendly appliance, throw in some cubes, and be enlightened!

I thought about this this morning, as I walked upstairs to my mom making a breakfast smoothie. At first, I didn't even notice the sound. My mind registered the sound as the blender, and I carried on getting ready for the day. It wasn't until I came back into the kitchen to see the blender sitting there on and unattended, did my ears ring with a horrid ringing.

I stared at the glass blender sitting there on the counter. I watched blueberries, bananas, and yogurt being blended, crushed, grated, beat, shredded, stirred, chopped, mixed, or whatever one of the million settings my mother had that thing on. And I simply wanted to cry.

I mean I get it. There is no way to beat, chop, or mix ice without making a loud, weird sound. But then I had a brilliant idea! Maybe blenders should come standard with headphones. You know how you plug your headphones into your IPOD or stereo so no one else has to listen to your music but you, well why can't you plug in headphones to a blender so no one else has to hear that ice grinding against those metal blades but you. I mean really? Sounds brilliant to me!

I started to get a headache. I wanted to chuck that blasted blender out the window. I made my way towards the blender and reaching my big, fat pointer finger towards the button, and I pushed stop. The blades slowed down to a halt, and that awful sound escaped the morning air.

Do you want to know what the BEST sound in the world is? Shhhhh...

0 comments: