BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Feast of the Holy Family

Today, the Sunday after Christmas, is the Feast of the Holy Family in the Catholic Church calendar. It is a day in which we celebrate Jesus' family, Mary and Joseph. But it is also a time to discuss how important our family is in our lives.

Family is a difficult thing to discuss, because we all have such different families. There are traditional families, nontraditional families, and non-family households. There are church families and communities and school friends. So measuring and evaluating your family life is really just something that you have to do on your own.

All I know is that I take my family for granted way too often. They are my whole life. The bread to my butter, and I really wouldn't know how to exist without them.

So tonight... I thank God for my family, and you really should too. Because even when the only thing that binds you is your blood, that is one thing you do share, one commonality. Take it and run... because some people are blessed with a whole lot less.

0 comments: