BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 19, 2009

To Replace a Light Bulb

Don't you feel really silly when it takes you about ten attempts at a light switch to realize that the light bulb is burnt out? You flip the switch once, continuing well on into the room before you realize that the light didn't turn on. You head back towards the door, thinking maybe you simply missed the switch, and then turn back again after you hit it. But the light still isn't on... so you continue to stand there and flip the light switch back and forth a couple more times, before peering up at the light in disgust... This always happens to me.

But the funny part about this is that all the light bulbs in the house seem to go out at the same exact time! So you go through the routine of replacing all the light bulbs...

I remove one of the old bulbs from a light and get ready to stick in the new, but usually I can't remember if I left the switch on or off and a lot of times I can't tell the difference. So I twist the bulb slowly and gently into the light... looking like a person deactivating a bomb for in fact any minute the thing could trigger. Holding my breath, not wanting to get burnt from the heat of the light... I wait...wait...waiting...

Flicker flicker! Bright light! OUCH! My whole body jumps back, and I pull my hand quickly from the hot bulb.

This seems like a completely silly thing, but it happens to me every single time I replace a bulb. Seems that I don't learn from my mistakes. Seems that I'm not all that bright! (Get it...bright?!)

0 comments: