BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nicholas Sparks Wanna Be

Last night I went to "Dear John," a movie based on Nicholas Spark's best seller. Although the movie was not exactly what I expected, I am sure the book is some marvelous stuff. Sparks has another novel, "The Last Song," coming out on film here soon as well. What a stud! I wish I could write not only best selling books, but books good enough to be made into films. Sparks is my idol!

Funny little story though...

One night I was feeling really down for one reason or another and of course started questioning everything in my life including my writing. Somehow I ended up on my computer reading Sparks' biography and about the many books he's published. I was jealous. But I did find out that we are similar people. Look... here are all the ways that we are alike.

1. We both went to college for a Business-related field but both wish to write.
2. We are both Irish, English, German, and Czech.
3. He was born not that far from here in Omaha, Nebraska.
4. He was in track in college just like me.
5. He's a middle child, just like me.
6. He was raised Catholic just like I was.

Just gives me a little bit of hope that maybe I ALSO could be a good writer. And my goals are now to publish a book and have at least one made into a movie just like Nicholas Sparks...

Well... that and to make Oprah's bookclub! :) Wish me luck...

0 comments: