BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Does It Mean Anything?

Lately I've been pondering a question.

Does it mean anything to say, "Wish I could help" or "I am sorry" when someone is having a bad day, when you really had no intention of trying to help or trying to make that person's day better? Sounds funny, but really. Shouldn't you only say "Wish I could help" if you've exhausted every possible way to help that person, only to find that you really are out of options? Or shouldn't you only say "I am sorry" when you are truly are sorry, because there is absolutely nothing you can do to help.

I understand that sometimes a person doesn't necessarily want help or need sympathy, but that sometimes a person just wants someone to recognize that they are hurting, that they are not themselves. I understand this, because sometimes I feel this way.

But most of the time, we could help, we could sympathize. We just choose not to, because we would have to rearrange our schedule, or it would inconvenience our day. I just think more times than none we should choose to be sincere and choose to exhaust all options.

I envy those who do so.

0 comments: