BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Gift


Since I did not blog while I was in Vegas, I have to tell you about the gift my dad gave me right before we left. He gave me a bag and said:

"What would you like more than anything?"

I said, "A job."

He said, "Besides that..."

"A car?" I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to say.

"Just open it!" he said finally.

So I did.

And my dad (what a great dad) had gotten me this little Packer helmet that which was signed by the one and only BRETT FAVRE. And it's not just any old signature. It is actually written out to me. I mean it has my name on it. Which means that Favre actually knows my name. His hand wrote it. Which means he knows I exist in this world. Which means that he now knows that somewhere in Iowa there is a girl who loves him. And would gladly marry him if everything didn't work out with his wife!

Haha! And the funny thing is he actually signed a Green Bay Packer helmet, even as a current Viking. I love it! Favre is just amazing like that!

But it turns out my dad was talking to an insurance guy who knows Favre, because he used to play for the NFL and his dad used to play for the NFL... Something like that. And my dad didn't even buy insurance from him. So thanks to the insurance guy (what a great insurance guy) who helped my dad get me Favre's signature. That was really awesome of you!

And THANKS finally to my dad! You'll always be the best man in my life! And this is one of the best gifts I've ever gotten!

1 comments:

stillarockstar said...

Even though I'm not a fan of Favre OR insurance guys, this is a pretty AWESOME gift!!! :D