BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Did You Know?


DID YOU KNOW...that there is a SPAM Museum? Okay... well I had no clue, but while visiting a friend up in Austin, Minnesota this Memorial Day Weekend, I was able to check it out! It is located near the HORMEL plant in Austin, just over the border into Minnesota. The museum was actually pretty big and had a lot of neat stuff in it! Here are some photos from my trip!


Above is the entrance to the museum... with a perfectly quaint statue of a farmer and two pigs guarding its doors!

Directly inside, there is a giant wall of SPAM! I couldn't believe how big it was... I mean I had to zoom out the lens of the camera just to get all that meat into the photograph! It was quite the entrance I'd say! And check out the GINORMOUS spatula below! That thing would fix you quite the hearty breakfast!


If you've been following my blog for awhile, you might remember that I am a huge supporter of Brett Favre. Guess who I found in the museum promoting SPAM!? #4 himself! Can you believe my luck?

There were so many interactive things to do in the museum. You could try on HORMEL gear like I am doing in these two photos. There was a game show room where you could test your knowledge of the product. You could hoist crates of SPAM high into the air, grocery shop for SPAM products, learn how to cook dishes from all over the world made with SPAM, and so much more.
PLUS, there was huge gift shop where you could purchase anything from SPAM clothing to SPAM cooking utensils to SPAM refrigerator magnets to actual cans of this "gourmet" meat. I bought a SPAM shot glass as a souvenir of this crazy experience. I've never even tried SPAM before, but don't worry... if you are interested, they were also handing out samples!


Overall though, it was a pretty enjoyable visit to the SPAM Museum! Definitely something to check out if you are ever in that area! Because how many people can honestly say, they've seen that many cans of SPAM in one room! Not many... And of course, everyone who hasn't, will be completely and forever jealous of those who have!

Interesting in checking out the SPAM MUSEUM in Austin, MN? Get more information at http://www.spam.com/!!

FUN FACT: The SPAM Museum in located at 1937 SPAM Blvd. Ironically, SPAM branded products were first made in 1937.
                                                           

2 comments:

stillarockstar said...

LOL. I've driven by this several times, but have never stopped - looks like fun!

Alicia said...

My friends and I almost went there spring break my freshman year, but they were closed. Sad. Looks like you had fun though.