BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 16, 2010

I Did It!

At the IIAC Conference Championships, I placed second, which makes me an All-Conference javelin thrower. I also set a personal record by almost two meters. And my longest throw, which was 40.25 meters, makes me a 2010 Division III National Qualifier in the Javelin.

I can't believe I did it. It was so exciting and fun! And my parents and my coach, who is also my sister, were all there to watch me. I really did feel like Zeus, at least for a little while.

And it was a great weekend for the ENTIRE Simpson team. We had fifteen people provisionally qualify, not to mention there were personal records set and All-Conference honors received. The Simpson women ended the meet ranked second, only to Wartburg, and the Simpson men ended up fourth with the 10 points received by our 4 by 400 men's team pushing them out of fifth. Everyone did amazing! And it was a great meet to watch! :)

0 comments: