BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Light of Hope

My dad and I were having a serious conversation about suicide the other day. Yes, I know it's a somber topic, but I wondered what made people go so far as to not want to live anymore? I mean, life is hard...lately a little more than usual for me. But I've never actually considered ending my life because of it. But I know depression hurts. And that being alone is awful. So what makes people go that far?

My dad said that those people just lose all hope. So I think THAT is the dividing line. THAT is where the separation is. People who go that far, lose the hope that things will get better the next day, lose the hope that things will get better some time soon. They've gone so long with no hope, that they can't see the light anymore.

Now I know I am just an outsider looking in, and I am not attempting to judge anyone or their decisions. I just know that I still have hope. Because for awhile I was better. I was healed. I saw the light. And I know that it will come again tomorrow.

0 comments: