BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Thrilling...

It's thrilling...throwing the javelin. And tomorrow I am going to throw at the Conference meet in Storm Lake at Buena Vista University. I am going into the meet in second place, but things can always change. Everyone has to throw and compete. It's any one's win. And I am so excited that I am afraid I won't be able to sleep tonight, and I've already chewed my mouth to pieces this afternoon just thinking about it.

I am .31 meters from provisionally qualifying for Nationals, a small distance from being one of the top Division III ladies throwing javelin in the country... and I feel like that is way too close not to qualify, so I intend to. I just have to actually do it. I hope I can do it.

Today, I was holding my javelin at the regional softball game, because I had just finish practicing... And I felt powerful. People were turning to look at the giant spear I was holding in my hand. I felt like Zeus with his bolt of lightning, all powerful and all mighty. I need to be like Zeus tomorrow. I HOPE I can be like Zeus tomorrow.

And then there's this great feeling that comes from competing, knowing that it is all in my hands... literally. I don't have to rely on anyone else. No one can disappoint me but myself. And then it hurts knowing that I CAN do it, when some days my throws are contradictory to my thoughts. It's tough.

But tomorrow, I have six throws to change my life, because then I will have made history. Yes, it's just a very small piece of history, but a girl's gotta start somewhere.

0 comments: