BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Beyond this World

Here I am. Did ya miss me? I'm finally blogging again. It's been awhile. But I've been busy. And now it's Easter break, so I've found some time.

Today was my first outdoor track meet of the season. I don't know if I mentioned that I threw the javelin in track, (you know that long pointy pole that looks like a spear). Ya, I throw that in track, and today was my first meet.

I was originally really worried about this meet. Because One: It was my first of the season. Two: I won the meet last year, so I was expected to do well again. And Three: I had a prior throw listed that I wasn't sure I could surpass... but my Mom and my sister, who happens to be my coach, were both there watching me, so I had some help... and two cheerleaders.

The Results: I threw a total of four out of my six throws farther than I have ever thrown. I P.R.'d by approx. 12 feet. I won the meet, and I missed out on provisionally qualifying for the National meet by only one foot. And I did all this with an hour and half break in between my preliminary and final throws due to lightening, after eating a fish sandwich and french fries, on a wet runway, and with a confidence that was mysteriously placed inside me after my first throw. It was amazing! Give me a jav and ask me to throw it to the moon? I could do it today. Somehow...

I just need to remember this feeling on the days I feel like I can do nothing right, on the days that I can't get the jav anywhere near that prior throw listed. I need to remember that even though that day, I might not be at my best, there once was a day I was. And it will happen again for me. Because that confidence was placed in me by a power that is completely beyond this world... and the moon.

So ask me again... give me a jav and ask me to throw it to the moon... And I will throw it further. God willing.

4 comments:

Tricia Gonyo said...

So proud of you......keep it up! Love you!

a. said...

Hi,

I know, it sounds strange but i just wanted to write this e-mail.
I dont know who you re. I just watched the movie called "under the tuscan sun" and i love it!
After that, i entered my blog and added this movie in my profile page.
After that i just curious about the fun of this movie and i found you.
I'm not good at english, so please try to understand me.
I feel a bit crazy, i' m full of happiness and i just wanted to make you happy, too:)
By the way i 'm Aysenur a 21-year-old girl from Turkey.
I hope i didnt take your time for nothing.
If i did, i'm sorry.

Take care of yourself and like in the movie "no matter what happens, always keep you childish innocent."


Aysenur~~

stillarockstar said...

CONGRATS Ali! Keep it up! ...and Happy Easter - hope you had a GREAT one with the fam! :)

reALIty said...

Aysenur-

You are right! It's a great movie! One of my favs! Thanks for the post!

P.S. Your English looks pretty darn good to me! :)