BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Interview...

Today, I got my first job interview in awhile. And don't get me wrong, I am happy about it, but one of the biggest reasons I got the interview was because my sister who currently works with the company, referred me. While I appreciate my sister's help and I know networking is huge part of landing a job, I just wish someone would look at my resume, cover letter, references, etc. and say, "Wow! We'd be crazy to let this girl go!"

It sounds dumb, but I know I am a hard worker, and I know I give everything I do my all. And I know that am a quick learner, and that I have had three great internships to prepare me for the real world. But no one else can see that, unless they give me a job.

People I know keep saying, "Don't worry Ali, you're a great person, you'll get a job!" But those people know who I am and what I am really like. Employers don't know that. Which I guess goes to prove that referrals are just as good as landing a job on your own... it just doesn't feel like it.

0 comments: