BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Work

Why is everything always so much work? Finding a job, playing a sport, getting what you want in life, keeping relationships strong... it's exhausting. Sometimes I just want to sit and do nothing and just be happy.

You hear a lot or maybe I've just heard a lot... that relationships are work. You have to work at staying together and work to please one another. I went to a wedding where a priest said, you have to out sacrifice your spouse. You have to try to win by out sacrificing your husband, because if you are both working to make the relationship stronger, it will be stronger. But why does it have to be so much work? Every relationship I've ever been in has been so much work, until it comes to a point that I start to think, is this too much work? Should it really be this hard? I don't feel like it's worth all the stress and pain when I have to work so hard just for it to even be decent...

And then you hear a lot or maybe I've just heard a lot... that anything worth having is worth working for. So then, is it better to have to work so hard in order to see those benefits? Should I continue working, hoping for the best? But what if the benefits don't ever come? What if our relationship is never better? What if I never throw the javelin to provisionally qualify? What if I don't land a great job?

It's hard, but I'm still working... for now.

0 comments: