BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 23, 2010

What is This World Coming To

It's simply amazing how many things you can purchase from a vending machine these days. I mean you've always been able to get the basics: candy, chips, pop, and gum. But now you can get milk. And coffee. And fruit snacks. And cheese. I've seen tampons, pregnancy tests, and Ibeprofen. And sewing kits and condoms and toothbrushes. And Ipods and cameras and phones. But things are getting really crazy now... because this weekend while camping, my family was able to purchase firewood from a vending machine. I couldn't help but think... now, that is a blog topic! So I snapped a couple of shots. See photos below.


After seeing this vending machine contraption for firewood, I couldn't help but laugh! And the funniest (or rather not so funny) part about the whole thing is that you know how items are a lot more expensive from a vending machine then say purchasing them at Wal-Mart, well the same rang true for firewood. My Dad said that he used to cut huge loads of firewood and sell it for $15 a load. Well, after putting in a nice, new crisp $5 bill, out popped six lousy little logs. What a rip off, huh? And to top that off the machine only took 1, 2, and 5 dollar bills!!! I mean what is this world coming to! 

0 comments: