BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jersey Boys: FIVE GOLD STARS!

Now I think I've seen enough musicals in my lifetime to know that Jersey Boys, the musical featuring the lives and songs of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, is simply AMAZING! It is one of the best musicals I've seen, and I'm comparing it to shows like Wicked, Mamma Mia, The Lion King, Rent, and Chicago, all huge musical hits.

For me, the show was the perfect mix of history, music, drama, and comedy. I laughed out loud more than once and erupted into applause after the musical numbers! And by the end of the show, my companion and I were ready to jump from our seats in a standing ovation! (Everyone in the audience was I think, considering we were up from our seats before the actors even entered the stage to bow!)

The four actors/singers who played the Four Seasons played their parts so well. Their facial expressions were hilarious! The actor/singer playing Frankie Valli had a very impressive voice, sounding almost exactly like the original Frankie: high and mighty! In fact, all of the actors/singers voices were great, and the harmony was fantastic!


As a twenty-three year old, I wasn't sure how many songs I would know by this famous group from the mid-Sixties, but I could practically sing along with every single one. I would recommend this musical to anyone ready for a night of laughter and great music! ENJOY!


0 comments: