BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whether It's Nerdy or Not...

Whether it's nerdy or not... my sister and I are continuing our tradition of going to every movie in the Harry Potter series at midnight on the day that it opens. (Much like a million other people in the world... ) Thus, the first part of the seventh book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1." is officially being released tomorrow, November 18th at 12 AM.

My sister and I actually started this tradition when the second film in the series, "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" came out in 2002. I, having not read the book series by J. K. Rowling, was not in a rush to see the first film but was quickly intrigued by the writer's vivid imagination and creativity. Rowling's series was definitely a case of, "Who comes up with this stuff!?" because there is always a meaningful twist that leaves you both shocked and puzzled. But the world seems to love it, as do I. So wish me luck as I head to the theater tonight, along with the tons of other "nerdy" folks who have drawn lighting bolts on their head and are wearing all too perfectly rounded, wire rimmed glasses.

P.S. And if I asked which Harry Potter movie/book is my favorite... I really don't know if I could pick just one!

0 comments: