BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Black Friday Bargains

Last week, my boyfriend and I hit up the Black Friday bargains. And although we planned to leave home around 3AM to beat the crowd at some stores like Wal-Mart and Target, we didn't end up leaving the house until 6AM. I thought that the alarm never went off... Turns out, it did. And the boyfriend shut it off and went back to sleep! The booger! But don't you worry, I still got my full day of shopping in. We didn't get back home until 8PM that night!

I love Black Friday! Whether or not you are shopping for yourself or you are actually buying some Christmas gifts, it always is a great day of shopping. Even if you hate shopping and hate crowds and hate spending money, you have to experience it at least once! But it's true! I always spend too much. I get home and open up all my bags, evaluating my purchases, and then I fall into a deep depression and develop a huge case of buyer's remorse. The nice thing is, I usually regret the purchases I made for myself, not for others. Needless to say, like many years before, my boyfriend and I got up again on Saturday, and I took some stuff back! Haha...

What were some of my best buys? Well, I always swear on the DVD deals posted on Black Friday. Some of the year's best movies go on sale for around $3.00. I usually spend close to $100 on DVDs the day after Thanksgiving, and usually they are all for myself. But I usually end up with close to 25-30 DVDs, and I don't buy any throughout the rest of the year. So there's my case! :) Some of the movies I got this year were Harry Potter, 500 Days of Summer, The Hangover, and Remember Me.

Some of my other great deals this year were... a Black and Decker Family Size Griddle for $19.00... which I took back... a Perfect Pillow Memory Foam Pillow, originally $80.00 for $19.97... which I also took back! Yikes!... a Weight Watchers digital scale... which I returned on Saturday...Man! I am horrible! (My sister's always say, "You know you bought a great gift, when "reALIty" keeps it and doesn't take it back!) But now for some items, I actually did keep...

...a Hydraulic Plaid Winter Coat for $39.99... a Shark Steam Mop for $49.99... a CHI hair straightener and a CHI blow dryer for a total of $159.99, as opposed to $129.99 each!! (My boyfriend got these for me for Christmas, making up for not waking me up on time!)

So overall, it was a very productive day! And we got a lot of our Christmas shopping completed! And if you've never gone out on Black Friday, see ya next year?

1 comments:

Tricia Gonyo said...

Oh.....I so would have bought that pillow from you. Shucks....Black Friday should also be known as the "Day of Ali".